Have an experience undergoing an alcohol/drug treatment?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
DaisyGomes

by DaisyGomes on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:36 am

Have an experience undergoing an alcohol/drug treatment?

Hi, it’s been 7 years since I got married. It took more time for me to realize that my husband is a functional alcoholic. Once I saw him drinking about 7 pegs during his friend’s marriage reception. He is always the kind of “unhappy unsatisfied person”. The only time he becomes happy is when he is with our kids. We have three children together. Whenever I asked him the reason for this unhappiness, he steer clear of me saying something funny. I can’t figure out what his real problem is. Is it all because of his addiction to alcohol? I have no idea what to be done, I’m struggling with all these thoughts. A common friend of us suggested me a rehabilitation centre Trafalgar Residence in Toronto which offers drug and alcohol treatment facility. While searching online, I found they provide a wonderful environment for the treatment but I don’t know whether my husband will agree to take this treatment. I want to bring back my husband to a normal happy life. Does anyone of you or your relative have any experience undergoing such a treatment? How can I bring him to the treatment centre? I hope to get some suggestions from you all. Thanks!
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unauthorised URL, please check forum rules