Pressure, bulge lower right abdomen

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
uncagn55

by uncagn55 on Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:55 am

Pressure, bulge lower right abdomen

Hi, wondering if anybody has dealt with an issue I’m experiencing. At night when I lie down on my back, I am feeling some indigestion followed by a brief bulge sort of between my belly button and my right hip. The bulge goes away quickly and is usually followed by passing gas. This tends to repeat during the night. I’ve had two doctors examine me and an ultrasound, and nothing turned up. They said a hernia is unlikely, and insurance wouldn’t cover further tests without some more signs of an issue. Fortunately, I’m not experiencing pain and my bowel movements seem normal. I feel mild discomfort in the area during the day, but no bulge. I did have a colonoscopy in July after which I felt a twinge in this area, but the pressure and bulge is just a few weeks old. Any thoughts appreciated as to what might be going on!